Dry Eye is a condition that occurs when there is a decrease in the quantity and/or quality of tear film. Symptoms include a feeling of sand, grit, or burning in the eye, excessive tearing, and blurred vision. This is often caused by a blockage or obstruction of the eyelids meibomian glands.Precision Vision offers the some of the latest treatments to help you find relief from dry eye and they include:
- Manual expression of your eyelid glands by your doctor
- Warm compress therapy and eyelid hygiene using scrubs and manual massage
- Topical prescription medications
- Over-the-counter tear replacements and lubricants
If you still notice symptoms of dry eye after trying the options above, Precision Vision also offers Punctual plugs or LipiFlow® Treatment.
- Punctual plugs that are made of silicone or collagen are inserted in the tear ducts, increases the eye’s tear film and surface moisture.
- LipiFlow® Treatment: only FDA-cleared medical device for removing gland blockage and restoring gland function. This device applies heat to the inner eyelids and massages to remove the obstructions in your meibomian glands. This is an in office procedure and the complete dual treatment takes less than 20 min.
Don’t let the summer heat and pollution dry up your eyes; call Precision Vision today to schedule an eye exam.
Relief is in sight!