Cataract Institute of Oklahoma, a partner of Eyecare Partners, is looking for a Scrub Technician to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication and computer skills and extend superior client service by creating a positive first impression and showing patients that we provide unsurpassed care right from the start.
- Perform a variety of duties in an operating room to include arranging sterile setups for operations, passing instruments to surgeon or surgical assistants and counting sponges, needles, and other supplies used during operations. Primary responsibility for maintaining the sterile field.
- Assist with surgical procedures.
- Assisting circulating nurse to prepare patient for surgery, assist in positions patient in prescribed manner; assist in moving patient to recovery area.
- The scrub tech will anticipate the needs of the surgeon, passing instruments and providing sterile items in an efficient manner.
- Recording of data and other information on appropriate forms for administrative purposes.
- Assist in cleanup of operating room following surgery to include disposal of used supplies and sterilization of instruments; install sanitizers and replenish supplies.
- Responsible for helping other team members and other special projects as requested.
- Minimum of HS Diploma
- Current certification in basic CPR
- Work requires successful completion of an approved OR Technician course or an approved on-site internship by Staff Surgeon, Operating Room Scrub Technician, and Surgicenter Administrator.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Previous medical background preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be well-organized, a team-player, and detail-oriented.
- Motivated and dependable with a patient-friendly personality.
- Demonstrated superior computer skills.
- Some travel between offices will/may be required.
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401(k) with company contribution, paid holidays, & paid time off.
- Career experiences that provide team members with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding work environment